2 March 2017

The End is the End

Sometimes it behoves us to know when to quit.  Such time is upon as now. It has been a tremendous and tumultuous half a decade but it is now that I bid you farewell. There are to be no hysterics and this is not hyperbole but we have reached a nadir where the rewards no longer match the effort. Perhaps we lingered for too long, perhaps too much happened, perhaps too much controversy. I would not change it for the world.  Where would I be without you? Where would you be without me? A true marriage of equals we were and always will be.
Thank you for warming my cold heart and freezing my warm brain.
My heartfelt thanks, my true heartfelt thanks, to those who found the time, who took the time, who made the time, for being there.  One thanks you immensely. As one last mark of respect to anyone that cares, the twitter accounts will remain open for a brief period for you to pillage whatever you wish for your own personal archive. It is my personal and last wish that FTM should remain open as a memorial of what was and what could have been.
As tears flow from my seminal eyes, I find it necessary to facilitate the boosting of egos.  My personal thanks to;
  1. The Rat – For he takes everything in his stride and has been with us for as long as I can remember. My thanks, forever.
  2. Myself – Well, where would we be otherwise?
  3. Broken – For being the sassy queen
  4. Dawn – For maintaining a lighthouse when it was not asked of her
  5. Julia – For always being everywhere even when it is nowhere
  6. Boz – For not understand why and never asking for an explanation
  7. Lizzycat – For everything
  8. Ears – For always
  9. GOBShite – For most
  10. Boozelette – For drinking
  11. Heather - Because I care

11 comments:

  1. Amidst heartwrenching despair and tears, I'm at a loss to adequately express my gratitude. Thank you forever and always for being here and putting up with us for all these years. It means more than you'll ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touching words. I am grateful for the opportunity to say goodbye, but I am unsure how to do so.
    As sad as I feel, the memories make it slightly more bearable to bid you a final goodbye.
    With eyes full of tears I leave here a heart full of love, gratitude & blue roses.

    Thank you always... to the (blue) moon & back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such kind words - I am touched. One day historians will ask, 'how on earth did his fans not realise?'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm here too and I care about you!! Pece and love.❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I misspelled just for writing another comment. 😘

      Delete
  5. And as the earth groans with a heart too heavy for words
    Because of an axis too burdened
    With noise
    And with the mentally vacuous
    And with eternal streams
    Of the eternally uninspired

    Meanwhile,
    In the then,
    And in the now
    And in the always

    MORRISSEY put all of the seminal into SEMINAL

    And OM put the mischief where it always belonged - everywhere

    Godspeed, kidlet
    And may God bless you, from here
    To there
    And back again
    Miss you
    Kiss you

    Whilst forevermore, in puss-like repose

    I will remain pooled here, in all that my own tremulous heart ever desired

    - that is, swathed in Italian lingerie. French hair. Irish whiskey. Etc. etc. etc.

    With my loving nonsense
    And with a loving nudge of my CHA-CHA-CHA moves,

    Discarnate and starless

    Until all of our nights stop turning into tomorrows, or -

    Until we meet again

    ASTRA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely lady. I saw this quote from Byron and it reminded me of you. I hope you like it. "Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."

      Delete
  6. Thank you.

    "Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the ending would be"

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does not take a genius to work out who is behind this. Genius with booze is a toxic mix.

    ReplyDelete